We talked about his in the staff meeting at work on Monday and I felt so helpless. With an issue so large and so encompassing, I felt so overwhelmed and then I remember that I had an email from a good friend…
If you are opposed to abortion, please read the information below and
join us in prayer and fasting January 11-19, 2009.
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) will be signed into law if Congress
passes it on January 21-22, 2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter in
the book of abortion. If signed into law, all limitations on abortion
will be lifted, resulting in the following:
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, will be required to
perform abortions upon request. If this happens, Bishops vow to close
down all Catholic hospitals — more then 30% of all hospitals in the
2) Partial birth abortions will be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. taxpayers will be funding abortions.
4) Parental notification of abortions on minors will no longer be
required (regardless of age).
5) The estimated number of increase in abortions is 100,000 annually.
Just as important, the government will now have control in the issue
of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force
women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, Down
Syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women
are allowed to have.
Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As
Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless
killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this
horrific act before it becomes a law.
PLEASE JOIN US IN saying a novena and fasting from January 11-19. For
Catholics, the prayer of choice is the rosary for the special
intention of stopping the FOCA. For non-Catholics we encourage you to
pray your strongest prayers with the same intention for 9 consecutive
days. We hope and pray this will branch and blossom to become a global
Please do the following 3 things:
1) Pass this information on quickly (so as many as possible can start
praying on January 11)
2) Say a novena from January 11-19, asking God to prevent the FOCA
from becoming law in the U.S.
3) Fast at least 2 days during this novena (either a complete fast of
bread and water, or a Lenten fast of no meat and meals limited to 1
regular meal and 2 lesser meals during the day).
Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of prayer
is undeniable. If you are against the senseless killing of defenseless
children, please join us in prayer and fasting